Graham Elton is chairman of our EMEA Private Equity business, based in London. He is also a core member of our Media practice and leads our pro bono social impact work in the UK, with a particular focus on projects in the education sector.
Graham has extensive commercial due diligence experience for private equity and corporate clients across numerous industries and geographies, and merger integration and business carve-out experience in media, retail, consumer and business services. His experience also includes corporate strategy, performance improvement programs, turnaround situations, business transformation and customer and channel strategies.
In addition to his work with us, Graham serves as chairman of Lane Clark & Peacock, Pageant Media, Capital Economics and SLR Consulting. He is also a board member of Now Teach and National Youth Theatre, as well as a founding trustee of the National Tutoring Foundation.
Prior to joining us in 2001, he was a partner at Evolution Global Partners, where he evaluated deals in media, financial services, consumer and technology sectors; chief executive officer at Miller Freeman UK (now part of Informa) where he integrated three businesses; managing director at FT Business; and strategy director at Pearson.
Graham holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and an M.A. from Oxford University.
He was awarded an MBE for services to the economy in the Queen's 2020 Birthday Honours List.
- “Global and European Private Equity Market Update,” Webinar, March 2021
- “The Outlook for Private Equity in 2021,” Video, March 2021
- “Private Equity Midyear Update,” Webinar, July 2020
- “Covid-19 Hits Private Equity: The Early Data Is Not Pretty,” Brief, May 2020
- “The Impact of Covid-19 on Private Equity,” Brief, April 2020
In the News
- “Buyout Firms Struggle to Find Attractive Takeover Targets in Europe,” WSJ Private Equity Pro, August 2019, Private Equity
- “Private equity groups under pressure to take ‘riskier’ bets ,” Financial Times, March 2018, Private Equity
- “Competition for private-equity deals heats up,” The Economist, March 2017, Private Equity
- “Strong investor demand for private equity: Bain & Company,” CNBC, February 2017, Private Equity
- “Private equity firms doing more follow-on deals: Bain & Co.,” CNBC, February 2017, Private Equity