Dr. Gunther Schwarz is an advisory partner at Bain & Company in Dusseldorf. He is a senior member in Bain’s Financial Services and Organization practices. He is also the leader of the firm’s work in the Insurance sector in EMEA, with a particular focus on Digital.
Gunther is a seasoned expert and adviser with more than 25 years of consulting experience. Over the course of his career, Gunther has built particular expertise in the insurance sector. His experience includes supporting clients with local and international growth strategies, organizational changes, operational excellence and the enhancement of earning power.
Gunther is also an HR and change management expert and is a former HR leader. His HR experience includes concept development for change management, strategy, planning and controlling as well as enablement and engagement.
Prior to joining Bain, Gunther was a senior partner and managing director as well as the head of global insurance and an HR management leader at another major international consulting firm.
Gunther earned a PhD in Economics from the University of Gießen and a diploma in International Economics and Economics from the University of Dortmund.
- “Customer Behavior and Loyalty in Insurance: Global Edition 2016,” Brief, September 2016
- “Catching Up,” Best's Review, February 2015, Article
- “Leading a Digical® Transformation in Insurance,” Brief, November 2014
- “Want more loyal customers?,” Best's Review, September 2014, Article
- “Customer Loyalty and the Digical Transformation in P&C and Life Insurance: Global Edition 2014,” Brief, June 2014