- Leader of our global Insurance efforts
- Head of our APAC and Greater China Financial Services practices
Dr. Henrik Naujoks leads our global Insurance activities and is the head of our Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Greater China Financial Services practices, based in Hong Kong.
Henrik has more than 25 years of management consulting experience, addressing the most complex challenges facing financial services leaders. Over the past several years, his work has predominantly focused on digital and customer-led transformations and the re-invention of the insurance industry.
Before joining Bain’s Hong Kong team, Henrik worked in several of our other global offices, including Munich, Dusseldorf, Zurich and Los Angeles.
Henrik is a frequent speaker at financial services industry meetings. He has been quoted in leading publications, such as the Financial Times, The Economist, Forbes.com and The Business Times. He has also been interviewed on CNBC and Bloomberg.
In addition to his client work, Henrik dedicates time to social initiatives and acts as an advisor for several non-profit organizations and social entrepreneurs. In 2007, the World Economic Forum selected him as a Young Global Leader.
Prior to joining Bain in 1993, he held an apprenticeship in banking.
Henrik studied business administration in Munich and earned his doctorate at the University of St. Gallen, where he wrote his thesis on organizational theory and behavior in large organizations. He was also granted a scholarship by the German National Merit Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes).
- “Insurers and Consumers in Covid-19 Markets: Too Many Missed Connections,” Infographic, April 2021
- “Using M&A to Help Insurers Focus on Their Core,” M&A Report, February 2021, Report
- “Financial Services Opportunities in China’s Greater Bay Area,” Webinar, February 2021
- “Are You Ready for the Financial Services Opportunities of China’s Greater Bay Area? ,” Brief, February 2021
- “Consumers Start to Embrace Digital Insurance Platforms,” Snap Chart, January 2021
In the News
- “Financial services institutions should get ready to capture opportunities in China’s Greater Bay Area,” Press release, February 2021
- “Tectonic Shifts Possible For Traditional Insurers ,” Bloomberg, November 2019, Financial Services
- “China Wants to Create a Tech Landscape Where the US Can No Longer Hurt It,” CNBC, July 2019, Technology
- “Identity crisis: the insurers moving away from insurance,” Financial Times, August 2018, Insurance
- “Robots learn the risk business,” The Financial Times, May 2017, Insurance