Stephen Mewborn is a partner in Bain & Company's Chicago office.
Stephen has more than 12 years of management consulting experience, advising leading companies on their biggest opportunities and challenges.
He has deep expertise across a range of industries, including food and drug retail, specialty retail, agricultural commodities, manufacturing, consumer home services, hotels, B2B services, office products and building products.
Stephen's client work has spanned a variety of business problems and functions, including pricing strategy, pricing tactics and implementation, growth strategy, adjacency strategy, international expansion strategy, organization design, marketing effectiveness, strategic due diligence and operational consolidation & outsourcing.
Stephen earned an MBA with honors from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. He previously received a BA from Wabash College.
- “Viewpoint: You Cut Prices, Did Shoppers Notice?,” Supermarket News, March 2017, Article
- “How Grocers Can Improve Shoppers' Price Perception,” Brief, February 2017
- “How Customers Perceive a Price Is as Important as the Price Itself,” HBR.org, January 2017, Article
- “Perception Beats Reality in Pricing,” Brief, December 2016
- “Getting the Best Out Of Pricing Software Tools,” Forbes.com, May 2016, Article