Dr. Tobias Umbeck is a partner in Bain & Company's Munich office. He is a leader in Bain's Industrial Goods & Services practice and leads Bain's Post Merger Integration (PMI), Commercial Excellence and Results Delivery® practices in Germany.
Tobias advises clients across a range of industries, with a particular focus in industrial goods and services. He has extensive experience with large transformation programs and holds deep expertise PMI, commercial excellence (sales optimization) and Results Delivery® (change management).
Tobias advises clients all over the globe and previously worked in Bain's Melbourne office.
Prior to joining Bain, he held senior management positions at the Latin American airline TACA in El Salvador.
Tobias holds a degree in industrial engineering and management from the University of Karlsruhe, an MBA from Temple University in Philadelphia and a PhD in strategic management from Universität der Bundeswehr in Munich.
- “Beyond Kumbaya: Three Steps to Managing Change and Bringing People Together After a Merger,” Managing Change Blog, August 2017, Article
- “Change Management in Merger Integration,” Brief, June 2017
- “Bought Not Sold: Marketing and Selling to Digitally Empowered Business Customers,” Brief, October 2015
- “How to Build a World-Class Procurement Organisation,” Bangkok Post, March 2015, Article
- “How to Build a World-Class Global Procurement Organization,” Forbes.com, January 2015, Article