Tom De Waele is the managing partner of Bain Middle East. He is a core member of the firm's Financial Services practice. He also leads Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing practice for the Middle East.
Mr. De Waele has advised banks across all key Middle Eastern markets on topics such as growth strategy, distribution and sales, customer experience and loyalty, cost optimization, organization and human resources. He has covered all key banking segments, from (lower) mass retail to affluent and SME to large corporate, as well as asset management and capital markets. He holds deep expertise in customer strategy and marketing topics, including channel and customer experience transformations and Net Promoter Score.
Prior to joining the Middle East office, Mr. De Waele was involved in a number of large post-acquisition transformations of private equity-owned companies across Europe.
He holds a Master in Engineering from the University of Antwerp, Belgium (magna cum laude) and an MBA from INSEAD.
- “Bain & Company Names Saudi National Ahmed Boshnak as New Partner and Head of Riyadh Office,” Press release, May 2022
- “Oliver Bittner joins Bain & Company in Dubai as a senior partner,” Press release, April 2022
- “The “Texture” of Inclusion: Making Women Thrive at Work,” Executive Bulletin, April 2022
- “Pushing Beyond Net-zero: Bain & Company is Going Carbon Net-negative,” Press release, April 2022
- “What are scope 3 emissions and why should your business care?,” Arabian Business, January 2022