Vikram has more than 15 years of management consulting experience delivering strategies that work for change-oriented business leaders across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Vikram has served clients across a range of industries, with a strong focus on healthcare and consumer products. Within healthcare, he primarily advises clients in the services, medical technology and payer and provider healthcare sectors, with additional expertise in healthcare private equity transactions. Within consumer products, his focus has been on major fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) categories.
Vikram holds deep expertise in strategy development, operational improvement, acquisition due diligence and complex cross-border M&A and integration efforts.
Vikram joined Bain's Chicago office in 2001 and, in addition to Hong Kong, has spent time working in Bain's Dallas, Stockholm, New York and Seoul offices.
In addition to his experience with Bain, he has worked in private equity with the Texas Pacific Group and in investment banking with Citigroup.
Vikram received an MBA at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, an MS in Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University.
- “Local Innovation Is Fueling Asia-Pacific’s Healthcare Private Equity Boom,” Video, April 2021
- “Asia-Pacific Telemedicine Platforms Will Long Outlast Covid-19,” Snap Chart, April 2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity in Asia-Pacific Rides a Wave of Domestic Innovation ,” Snap Chart, March 2021
- “Welcome Letter: Fertile Conditions for Healthcare Private Equity Investment,” Report, March 2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2020: The Year in Review,” Report, March 2021
In the News
- “Bain Feature: Healthcare Private-Equity Scores Record Year in Asia,” The Wall Street Journal, March 2021, Healthcare
- “Hospitals are important, but care needs to move closer to the patient: Bain & Company,” CNBC, March 2020, Healthcare
- “Asia's Health-Care Industry Outlook,” Bloomberg, April 2019, Healthcare
- “Cooper’s Take: Chinese Investors Turn to U.S., Europe for Health-Care Deals,” WSJ Pro, April 2018, Private Equity
- “Asian health care private equity buyouts boosted to new highs by Chinese investors in 2017,” South China Morning Post, April 2018, Private Equity