Justin Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's San Francisco office. He is an active contributor to the firm's Telecommunications, Media and Technology practice and the Customer Strategy & Marketing practice.
Since joining Bain in 2005, Justin has actively directed teams in multiple sectors including, technology, telecommunications, private equity, financial services and utilities. He has also advised corporate clients on general business strategy, including pricing, M&A due diligence, merger integration, and business process redesign.
In 2013, Justin won both the Polaris Award for exemplary mentorship and office leadership, and the Results Challenge Award, given to the case project that helps clients achieve outstanding results and provides top experience for Bain and client team members. He has also won a Customer Strategy & Marketing Outstanding Contributor award for his pricing IP development and client work.
Prior to Bain, Justin worked at Capital One Financial in their strategy group.
Justin received his MBA in Strategic Management from the Wharton School. He also earned his BA in Economics at Bates College, graduating magna cum laude.
- “The Secret to B2B Pricing in a Digital World,” Brief, August 2018
- “Five Pricing Myths You Should Avoid At All Cost,” IndustryWeek, December 2014, Article
- “The 5 pricing myths tech firms must overcome now,” IT Best Of Breed, December 2014, Article
- “Clearing the Roadblocks to Better B2B Pricing,” Brief, December 2014
- “How SaaS Providers Can Use Pricing to Achieve Their Ambitions,” Brief, July 2014