Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “What's Behind the Surge in Retail Healthcare Deals?,” Brief, May 2018
- “Riding the Disruption Wave in Healthcare,” Forbes.com, May 2018, Article
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, April 2018, Healthcare
- “Global Healthcare Private Equity and Corporate M&A Report 2018,” Report, April 2018
- “Why Private Equity Loves Retail Healthcare,” Forbes.com, April 2018, Article