He leads our firm's efforts around marketing technology. In this capacity, he helps a variety of global clients think through technology and data solutions that enable them to strengthen their customer relationships and accelerate their businesses.
An expert in consumer data and marketing technology, Nikhil has most recently advised clients across the Software and Consumer Products spectra on product-building, marketing management and analytics.
Nikhil’s most prominent client projects include:
- Advising the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) of a $100B global grocery retail group on a three-year digital strategy; and
- Aiding a $50B enterprise software company in redefining its marketing stack and approach to digital marketing in driving B2B demand.
Beyond his client work, Nikhil is deeply involved in the Bain Innovation Exchange (BIE), which he helped launch in 2019.
Previously, Nikhil was the founding executive of @WalmartLabs (via the acquisition of Kosmix) and the VP of Advertising and Marketing Products for Walmart. His teams managed the company's e-commerce digital marketing media spend across channels (SEM, SEO, display, email, personalization and the like) and added an incremental $2B in revenue to Walmart.com. He also created Walmart Exchange (WMX), the product powering Walmart's advertising business, which enabled 500% growth (to $150M).
Prior to joining us, Nikhil co-founded Paysa Inc. and served as the company’s Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Chief Product Officer (CPO). He started his career as an aerodynamicist for the F1 team Jaguar Racing, where he designed the front and rear wings of a key race car.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and an M.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He also earned a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology at Madras.
In his personal time, Nikhil serves on two software startup boards and is an angel investor for multiple additional startups.
- “With Cookies Crumbling, Companies Must Regain Consumers’ Trust,” Infographic, April 2021
- “Rise Above the Marketing Technology Quagmire ,” Brief, November 2020
- “Are You Ready for the Retail Media Revolution?,” Article