Thomas Olsen is a partner in Bain & Company's Singapore office. He leads Bain's Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia Pacific and coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in the firm's Financial Services practice.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets and insurance. He holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University and a BA from Carleton College.
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, April 2019, Private Equity
- “Rebooting a Digital Solution to Trade Finance,” Brief, October 2018
- “Asia’s Conglomerates: End of the Road?,” Brief, September 2018
- “Trade Tech: A New Age for Trade and Supply Chain Finance,” World Economic Forum, September 2018, Article
- “Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Disruption Ahead for Transaction Banking,” Brief, May 2018