Richard Lichtenstein is an expert vice president in Bain & Company's New York office. He is an expert in the firm's Private Equity and Advanced Analytics practices with deep expertise in Marketing Excellence.
He has more than 10 years of consulting experience with Bain.
Rich leads Bain's effort to incorporate advanced analytics into private equity due diligence and portfolio work. He has extensive experience advising across a range of company sizes and industries. He often helps clients assess their target's capabilities around digital marketing as well as identifying innovative techniques and data sources.
Rich holds deep expertise in sales and marketing, including digital test and learn, multi-variate testing and growth strategy. He has worked with companies in tech & media, financial services and industrials to build out testing organizations and capabilities.
In addition to his client work, Rich has trained at several of Bain's global training programs and frequently leads office training sessions. In the New York office, he is the co-leader of the office's summer offsite and the head of the office art committee. He is also active in recruiting.
Rich received an MBA from Columbia Business School, where he received the Beta Gamma Sigma Alumni Award and the Michaelson Prize. He graduated from Harvard with an AB and an MS in computer science.
- “Finding the Analytics Edge in Debt Investing,” Brief, aprile 2020
- “To Market to an Upended World, Test, Test, Test,” Brief, aprile 2020
- “How to Assess Disruption in Due Diligence,” Report, febbraio 2020
- “An Expert’s Guide to Advanced Analytics,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, settembre 2019, Podcast
- “Sharpening Company Insights through Advanced Analytics ,” Brief, settembre 2019