Nirad has almost 20 years of management consulting experience, partnering with corporate clients and financial investors to drive results. He has led more than 200 client engagements across the healthcare value chain, including diligence, corporate M&A, transformation, performance improvement and strategy work in the services, payer, provider, medical device and pharmaceuticals sectors.
He has built significant expertise at the intersection of private equity and healthcare and is frequently cited in the media, including appearances on Bloomberg TV, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, CNBC, Forbes, Buyouts and many others around the globe.
Prior to joining Bain in 2005, Nirad worked for another consulting confirm in New York, where he advised clients on growth and M&A strategies. He also previously worked in the not-for-profit sector.
Nirad holds an MBA from The Wharton School, a Master of Science from Stanford University and a Bachelor of Science, with honors, from Columbia University.
- “Healthcare as National Defense,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, May 2021, Podcast
- “Healthcare Heroics,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, April 2021, Podcast
- “Deals Roll On: Healthcare Private Equity Withstands the Pandemic’s Rout,” Infographic, April 2021
- “Welcome Letter: Fertile Conditions for Healthcare Private Equity Investment,” Report, March 2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2020: The Year in Review,” Report, March 2021
- “The Covid-19 Paradox: Widespread Repercussions for Demand, but New Healthcare Investment Opportunities as Well,” Report, March 2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity in North America: Bring On the Gem Assets,” Report, March 2021
- “Healthcare Providers: New Roll-Up Candidates and a New Look for Risk-Bearing Providers,” Report, March 2021
- “Healthcare Payers: A Bid to Reduce Costs for Patients and Employers,” Report, March 2021
- “Biopharma: Commercialization Support Services Are Thriving ,” Report, March 2021
In the News
- “Bain Feature: Healthcare Private-Equity Scores Record Year in Asia,” The Wall Street Journal, March 2021, Healthcare
- “Healthcare private equity buyouts posted record-setting volumes in 2020 after a year of unprecedented upheaval for global healthcare,” Press release, March 2021
- “Global healthcare private equity deals rise in 2020, total value declines,” Modern Healthcare, March 2021, Healthcare
- “Bain Feature: Healthcare Sponsors Flocked to Public Markets in 2020,” The Wall Street Journal, March 2021, Private Equity
- “Private-Equity Firms Plow Record Amounts Into Biopharmaceutical Sector,” WSJ Pro Private Equity, March 2020, Healthcare