Michael Goldberg is a partner and director based in Bain & Company's Los Angeles office. He is a senior member of the firm's Advanced Manufacuring & Services practice and the leader of the global Aerospace & Defense practice.
He has more than 30 years of consulting experience as well as a broad array of industry experience. Within the aerospace & defense sector, Mike has served virtually all of the leading US companies at the prime contractor level as well as many of the prominent tier one and tier two suppliers to the industry. He has experience across a broad array of industry domains including the commercial aviation, defense, space and government services segments.
Mike's primary areas of focus include helping clients develop and implement competitive and sustainable growth strategies as well as dramatically improving operational performance. He has led significant consulting efforts in the areas of growth and new market development, competitive analysis, cost reduction, asset efficiency, mergers and acquisitions and IT strategy.
Mike earned an MBA from UCLA's Anderson School of Business and a bachelor's degree in economics from Occidental College (Phi Beta Kappa). He also served as a Trustee on the Occidental board for four years and chaired the college's Alumni Fund for eight years. He currently serves as a the chair of a private biotech company.
- “Cracking the Services Conundrum in Aerospace and Defense,” Brief, 14. Januar 2020
- “How Aerospace Companies Can Keep Creating Value,” Aviation Week, 10. Oktober 2018, Artikel
- “How Government-Funded Defense Companies Can Remain Innovative,” Aviation Week, 8. Dezember 2017, Artikel
- “Winning in the New Normal of Government Services,” Brief, 26. April 2017
- “Chinese aerospace: We are sorry to announce,” The Economist, 5. November 2016, Fluggesellschaften und Logistik