Marco D'Avino is a partner in Bain & Company's Sydney office. He is a leader in the Bain Accelerated Transformation practic, as well as an expert in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Energy & Natural Resources, Freight & Logistics, Passenger Transportation and Performance Improvement practices.
Marco has extensive experience in industrials, resources and manufacturing. Over the course of his career, he has worked with multiple executive teams to address a variety of business challenges, including large transformations, performance improvement, organization and operations management. Marco has particular expertise in managing and driving large scale transformations, leveraging agile and scrum methodologies.
He also advises private equity clients, managing and delivering business diligences in sectors including media, technology and industrial goods and services.
Marco has authored several international publications on a variety of topics, such as de-bottlenecking operations, supply chain, operations management, inventory management and entrepreneurship.
Prior to Bain, Marco served as a material team leader at Indesit Company. He was also the creator and founder of JoinJob, the first Italian web and mobile-based Service Network Platform, as well as a new supply chain inventory management system.
He holds a PhD in Industrial Engineering, Master's in Management Engineering and Bachelor in Management Engineering from Tor Vergata University, as well as an International Master in Manufacturing Management from Linköpings Universitet.
- “Three Ways to Survive in Asia-Pacific Transportation and Logistics,” Brief, maggio 2019
- “How Agile Teams Can Help Turnarounds Succeed,” HBR.org, luglio 2018, Article
- “Big Transformation Ahead? You Might Want the Front Line to Lead,” Forbes.com, ottobre 2017, Article
- “When the Front Line Should Lead a Major Transformation,” Brief, settembre 2017
- “How to Eliminate Mining Bottlenecks—for Good,” Brief, giugno 2017