He has a particular interest in the disruptive impact of the energy transition across a range of industries and markets. He specializes in topics including global energy scenario planning, liquefied natural gas, onshore oil & gas development and customer experience in utilities.
Michael’s recent client engagements have involved growth strategy, operational performance improvement and customer impact initiatives for major oil and gas companies, as well as electric generation and retail players (in both regulated and deregulated territories). His client register spans four continents.
A native Houstonian, Michael joined Bain in our Dallas office in 2007 and was one of the first members of our Houston office upon its opening in 2011. He has held numerous internal leadership roles across training, mentorship and career development.
Previously, Michael served as the EVP and COO of Servitas LLC, a nationwide real estate development and property management firm.
He graduated with an A.B. in Economics and Finance, Phi Beta Kappa, from Princeton University.
He is a trustee of the Foundation for Student Communication, Inc., also known as Business Today, a wholly student-run 501(c)3 organization at Princeton. The foundation brings together student and business leaders for debate and discussion on issues facing both groups.
Michael lives in Houston with his wife, son and daughter.
- “Oil and Liquids Demand Scenarios Update: Tracking Key Signposts and Working Through the Trough,” Webinar, luglio 2020
- “Covid-19: Implications for Gas Demand,” Webinar, maggio 2020
- “Scenario Planning for Oil and Liquids: Navigating Supply through Coronavirus and OPEC+,” Webinar, aprile 2020
- “Global Oil and Liquids Demand Scenarios,” Webinar, aprile 2020
- “LNG Markets Reward Upstream and Downstream Expansion,” Brief, marzo 2020