Peter Parry is a partner in Bain & Company’s Milan office and the leader of the firm's Global Oil & Gas practice. He has extensive experience in strategy development, technology management, operations and commercial negotiation. He has worked extensively with the energy industry’s leading players for more than 30 years, including international majors, national oil companies, independent oil, and oilfield and engineering service companies.
Peter has a particular interest in strategies for corporate growth and shareholder return performance. He has extensive experience working alongside executive management in the oil majors and national oil companies, developing and implementing growth strategies.
He has assisted companies to develop technology portfolio management strategies and long-term technology investment plans, and to more closely integrate technical service activities, R&D and field operations.
Prior to joining Bain & Company, Peter worked for Booz Allen Hamilton where he led the global upstream oil and gas consulting business. Previous roles have included managing director of Arthur D Little’s UK consulting and R&D business, manager in the Energy Corporate Finance team of a UK merchant bank and a technical specialist for the geophysical consultancy Scott Pickford and Associates.
Peter is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators and the Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain.
He holds a BA in Economics and Geography from Lancaster University.
- “Rethinking Energy and Natural Resources for a Net-Zero Carbon Future,” Brief, febbraio 2020
- “Accelerating Capital: 2018 Oil & Gas Industry Planning Outlook,” Brief, novembre 2017
- “Russia's much-needed oil price bump unlikely to come any time soon,” The Globe and Mail, giugno 2015
- “Exxon underlines downstream values,” The Times, aprile 2015
- “Steering Through the Oil Storm,” Brief, gennaio 2015