Derek Keswakaroon is a partner and founding member of our Bangkok office.
He has more than 15 years of experience in advising clients across the intersection of digital and retail, consumer products, financial services, private equity and technology.
He has served clients across Southeast Asia, Brazil, South Africa, Beijing and Tokyo.
He advises global, regional and local corporations and family-owned businesses on corporate and business unit strategy, M&A, performance improvement and large-scale transformation programs. He also works closely with clients on implementation and results delivery.
Derek has also worked as a general manager for Whitepages and Hiya, a Seattle-based startup focused on identity verification.
He holds an MBA from the Wharton School of Business and a BA from Tufts University.
Passionate about family businesses and a third-generation family business member, Derek also earned a doctorate in Family Business Professionalization from the University of Manchester.
- “Six Ways to Win 350 Million Southeast Asian Digital Consumers ,” Brief, 30. August 2021
- “The Future of Retail in Asia-Pacific: How to Thrive at High Speed,” Brief, 20. August 2020
- “Digital Consumers of Tomorrow, Here Today,” Report, 6. August 2020
- “The Future of Retail in Asia-Pacific: Digital Leaders, Fast Modernizers and More,” Snap Chart, 12. Juli 2020
- “How Covid-19 Is Changing Southeast Asia’s Consumers,” Report, 26. Juni 2020