Juan Carlos Gay is a partner based in Bain & Company's London office. He is a leader in the Bain Accelerated Transformation practice and a member of the firm's Energy & Natural Resources, Utilities & Renewables, Oil & Gas and Private Equity practices.
Juan Carlos has more than 15 years of consulting experience, working with senior leaders and management teams to address their strategic challenges. He holds deep expertise in strategy-led transformations as well as cost and revenue performance improvement programs to improve productivity and increase commercial effectiveness.
Over the course of his career, Juan Carlos has worked extensively with the energy and resources industry's leading players in Europe, the United States, the Middle East, Latin America, Asia and Africa. His work has a particular emphasis on strategy definition, performance improvement and investment execution in conventional and clean energy as well as the broader resources and industrials sector. Juan Carlos has also worked extensively in private equity as it pertains to the energy sector and its supply chain.
Before joining Bain & Company in 2009, Juan Carlos worked for a large private capital fund as an investment manager in Energy and Resources and also in the Oil & Gas and Clean Energy practice of another global consultancy.
Juan Carlos holds an MBA from Kellogg School of Management and a MSc in Industrial Engineering from the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University and a BSc in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering from ITESM at Monterrey, Mexico.
- “Thriving in a Shallower Profit Pool for Oil and Gas,” Brief, 25. April 2018
- “Biofuels: From Boom to Bust?,” Brief, 17. September 2014
- “The New El Dorado: Opportunities in Mexico's Energy Reform,” Brief, 30. Juni 2014
- “What "good" looks like: Creating an operational excellence management system,” Brief, 15. Oktober 2013
- “Seizing the onshore opportunity in Brazil,” Oilfield Technology, 15. September 2013, Report