Sean O’Neill is a partner in Bain & Company's Chicago office and a leader in the firm's Financial Services practice. He is also an active contributor to the Customer Strategy & Marketing, Mergers & Acquisitions and Results Delivery® practices.
Sean has more than 20 years of consulting and financial services industry experience, helping senior leaders address their strategic challenges to achieve business results.
He has worked extensively with leading commercial banks, insurers and capital markets firms, both in North America and in Europe. His expertise includes corporate and business unit strategy, distribution and marketing strategy, operations and performance improvement, new venture development and strategic alliances, acquisition evaluation and merger integration.
Sean previously was a partner with a boutique consulting firm, focused on financial services, and prior to that was a member of the leadership team of a global consulting firm's Financial Services practice. Sean began his career as an economist, working at Wharton Econometrics (The WEFA Group).
Sean earned an MBA with honors from the University of Chicago's Graduate School of Business and he graduated with a BS in Economics with honors from Villanova University.
- “Wi-Fi-Linked Home-Security Gadgets Aren’t Lowering Insurance Premiums,” The Wall Street Journal, 22. Dezember 2016, Technologie
- “Black Boxes Could Yield Gold in Connected Insurance,” Brief, 17. September 2016
- “Cutting through the Complexity of Compliance,” Brief, 13. Mai 2015
- “Why it's hard for P&C insurers to hold onto their customers,” Forbes.com, 25. Juni 2014, Artikel
- “Customer Loyalty in P&C Insurance: US Edition 2014,” Brief, 18. Juni 2014