Simon Henderson is a partner in our London office. He is the founder and global leader of Bain Accelerated Transformation. He is also the leader of our Europe, Middle East and Africa Performance Improvement practice. He previously served as the leader of Bain Australia's Private Equity, Healthcare and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
He has nearly 30 years of experience as an executive, consultant, entrepreneur and investor. Simon holds deep expertise in performance improvement and cost reduction, transformation and customer experience. He has extensive experience driving and supporting turnarounds and transformations for global businesses. He developed Bain's unique and proven approach to delivering rapid, scale and sustainable cost, cash, capital and revenue improvements.
Simon advises clients across a wide range of industries including industrials, manufacturing, consumer products, retail, healthcare and media. He also has deep private equity and M&A deal experience (spanning over 400 deals to date) including diligence, synergy valuation, blueprinting, full potential planning and exit value maximization.
He joined Bain's London office in 1994 and has served clients in the firm's San Francisco office.
Simon studied at Oxford University, where he received a Masters of Engineering. He is a trained Executive Coach and a certified Scrum Master with Scrum Inc.
- “Cash Management Practices to Weather a Downturn,” Brief, novembre 2021
- “Six Strategies to Help Your Company Weather Inflation,” HBR.org, settembre 2021, Article
- “Retooling for the New Cost Imperative ,” Brief, agosto 2020
- “Why Return to “Normal” When You Can Recover to a Winning Position?,” Brief, giugno 2020
- “Resetting Your Cost Structure for the New Normal,” Webinar, giugno 2020