Glen Williams is an advisory partner in Bain & Company's London office and a leading member of the European Customer Strategy & Marketing practice. He is the leader of the firm's global Payments practice as well as the UK Cards and Payments practice. He formerly led the Financial Services practice in the UK and Ireland.
Glen has more than 18 years of consulting experience across all aspects of strategy and performance improvement for global clients, with an emphasis on business transformation. His expertise focuses on the B2B sector across a range of industry verticals, particularly in the areas of sales and channel effectiveness, customer segmentation, customer loyalty and pricing.
Glen also holds deep expertise in the global payments sector, advising leading companies on issues such as POS, eCommerce, mobile and ACHs. He works across the payments value chain, covering areas such as company strategy, revenue enhancement and overall performance improvement.
Glen has worked extensively with private and private equity-owned companies, as well as publicly quoted groups. He has gained management consulting experience globally, having worked all over the world with Bain.
Prior to joining Bain in 1996, Glen worked for seven years with Lloyds Bank in Corporate Strategy. He was also the senior product manager for the automated and international payments businesses.
Glen graduated from Cambridge with an MA in economics. He holds a diploma in marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- “Covid-19 Boosts the Trajectory of B2B Digital Payments,” Infografik, 15. September 2020
- “Contactless Payments’ Time Has Come,” Snap Chart, 30. April 2020
- “The Covid-19 Tipping Point for Digital Payments ,” Brief, 29. April 2020
- “Behind the Scenes of Commerce, Covid-19 Hits the Payments Sector Hard,” Snap Chart, 14. April 2020
- “Private Equity’s New Path to Payoff in Payments,” Report, 24. Februar 2020