Michael Woodbury is a partner in Bain & Company's New York office. He is a director in Bain's global talent management group, supporting the firm's efforts on unconscious bias, inclusion and diversity. He is also an expert in customer service operations and contact centers, as well as Results Delivery®.
He has more than 20 years of consulting and private equity experience across Australia, the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Michael has worked with clients across a range of sectors, including retail and business banking, telecommunications, airlines and media. He is an expert in channel strategy and operations, including multi-channel strategy, retail and call center customer experience, channel productivity, capability sourcing and the design and operation of closed loop customer feedback systems.
He led Bain's Asia Pacific Results Delivery practice and supports clients in building the capabilities to lead successful transformational change. He is experienced across the full set of Bain tools in Results Delivery and has particular experience in sustainable behavior change.
Michael is part of the leadership of BGLAD, Bain's LGBT employee group. He was recognized as one of the top 50 LGBTI executives in Australia for 2016 by The Australian Financial Review.
He joined Bain's Dallas office in 1996 and temporarily left the company to form a private equity group. After six years of deals and running portfolio companies, he rejoined Bain in 2004.
Michael graduated magna cum laude from Rice University with degrees in history and political science.
- “Michael Woodbury: How Banks can Reduce Contact Center Costs and Delight Customers,” Video, 19. Dezember 2015
- “Michael Woodbury: The What, Who and How of Delivering Results,” Video, 15. Dezember 2015
- “The bottom line: Putting a lid on customer call volume,” The Business Times, 6. November 2015, Artikel
- “Putting a Lid on Customer Call Volume,” Jakarta Post, 5. November 2015, Artikel
- “Escaping the Doom Loop in Contact Center Operations,” Brief, 2. September 2015