Auf einen Blick
Die ganze Geschichte
Client is a leading manufacturer of consumer electronics, personal computers and peripherals. ConsumerTechCo* faced a rapidly maturing market characterized by consolidation and commoditization.
To drive growth and profits, ConsumerTechCo made a significant investment (approximately $100 million) in time and resources to bring a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution online. Industry benchmarks suggested the CRM solution could generate $100-$300 million in bottom line benefits. However, there was no business ownership/accountability for the project, and thus no path defined for realizing any tangible business value from the investment.
ConsumerTechCo asked Bain to advise on the following issues:
- What is the true full potential value of the CRM solution to ConsumerTechCo?
- How does it map to specific functions and activities?
- How can ConsumerTechCo identify and extract the maximum value from the CRM implementation?
- What can be done to accelerate value realization?
Bain used comprehensive steps to define a clear CRM strategy and practical action plan.
Bain identified the full potential value of the CRM solution and recommended strategies for capturing the value from CRM implementation.
Bain identified more than $200 million in value for the client within the first 2 months.
* We take our clients' confidentiality seriously. While we've changed their names, the results are real.