Mark Gottfredson is a partner in Bain & Company's Dallas office, which he founded in 1990. Over the past 30 years, Mark has advised chief executives and top-level managers across a wide range of industries. He has served in a range of leadership positions within Bain, including leader of the firm's global Performance Improvement practice and as a member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Mark is currently the global lead of Bain’s Complexity Management and Performance Improvement Diagnostic℠ areas. He is also a leader in the firm’s Strategy, Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Energy & Natural Resources and Oil & Gas practices. Mark’s client work is primarily focused on full potential programs, revenue enhancement, cost reduction, complexity management and major change programs.
Mark is the author of The Breakthrough Imperative and has written extensively for publications including the Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, Singapore Business Times, South China Morning Post, London Business School’s Business Strategy Review, World Business Review, and The Edge (Malaysia).
Mark is fluent in Japanese and has worked extensively in Japan. In 2005, Consulting Magazine named him one of the world’s top twenty-five consultants.
He graduated magna cum laude from Brigham Young University and in 1983 he received his MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction.
- “Tipping Points: Der richtige Zeitpunkt für den Einsatz neuer Technologien,” Brief, 11. Juni 2019
- “A Triple Threat to Automakers: Recession, Demographics and Disruption ,” Brief, 28. November 2018
- “The Automotive Supply Chain: Disruption Down the Road,” Inbound Logistics, 14. August 2018, Industriegüter und -services
- “Where Electric Vehicles Reign Supreme,” US News, 22. März 2018, Automobilindustrie
- “What the New Silk Road Needs Is a Digital Revolution,” Forbes.com, 17. April 2017, Artikel