Mark Gottfredson is a partner in Bain & Company's Dallas office, which he founded in 1990. Over the past 30 years, Mark has advised chief executives and top-level managers across a wide range of industries. He has served in a range of leadership positions within Bain, including leader of the firm's global Performance Improvement practice and as a member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Mark is currently the global lead of Bain’s Complexity Management and Performance Improvement Diagnostic℠ areas. He is also a leader in the firm’s Strategy, Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Energy & Natural Resources and Oil & Gas practices. Mark’s client work is primarily focused on full potential programs, revenue enhancement, cost reduction, complexity management and major change programs.
Mark is the author of The Breakthrough Imperative and has written extensively for publications including the Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, Singapore Business Times, South China Morning Post, London Business School’s Business Strategy Review, World Business Review, and The Edge (Malaysia).
Mark is fluent in Japanese and has worked extensively in Japan. In 2005, Consulting Magazine named him one of the world’s top twenty-five consultants.
He graduated magna cum laude from Brigham Young University and in 1983 he received his MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction.
- “Tipping Points: When to Bet on New Technologies,” 論説, 2019年6月11日
- “自動車メーカーが対峙する三重の脅威: 不況、人口変動、破壊的変革,” 論説, 2018年11月28日
- “What the New Silk Road Needs Is a Digital Revolution,” Forbes.com, 2017年4月17日, 記事
- “How Technology Can Unlock the Growth Potential along the New Silk Road,” World Economic Forum, 2017年1月17日, 記事
- “Removing Trade Obstacles That Promote Hunger,” Business Day, 2015年4月22日, 記事