Melanie Sanders is a partner in Bain & Company's Melbourne office. She leads Bain's Consumer Products and Retail practices in Australia and is an expert in the firm's Customer Strategy & Marketing practice.
Melanie has more than 14 years of management consulting experience across a broad range of consumer product categories, including food and beverages, apparel, home-wares and consumer electronics, and across retail formats, including grocery retail and department stores.
Melanie holds deep expertise in leading large customer-driven transformations and has led assignments on customer strategy, pricing, salesforce effectiveness, organization, mergers, acquisitions and merger integration. She also has extensive experience helping consumer products and industrial goods suppliers prosper in Australia's increasingly challenging trade environment.
Prior to joining Bain in 2006, Melanie worked for another consulting firm. She also held senior line management roles in manufacturing and retail at South Pacific Tyres.
She earned an MBA from Melbourne Business School and a Bachelor of Science from Melbourne University.
- “'Retail Boom' Seen in Asia, Bain & Company's Sanders Says,” Bloomberg, dicembre 2018, Retail
- “The Future of Retail: Asia’s Ecosystems,” Report, dicembre 2018
- “Amazon's Slow Burn In Australia Is Still On Pace To Heat Up,” Forbes, agosto 2018, Retail
- “Christmas Presence,” ABC News Australia, dicembre 2017
- “Advancing Women in Australia: Eliminating Bias in Feedback and Promotions,” Report, marzo 2017