Paul Smith is a partner in the San Francisco office of Bain & Company. He is the leader of the firm’s Telecommunications practice and a senior member of the Technology, Media and Full-Potential Transformation practices.
With more than two decades of consulting experience, Paul has successfully led assignments in a variety of industries including telecommunications, information processing, health care and technology. He has assisted clients in developing product technology, customer retention, re-engineering and turnaround strategies.
Prior to joining Bain, Paul worked for Raytheon Corporation, in their data systems division, where he helped develop a number of computer software applications. He then moved to Burroughs Corporation (now part of Unisys Corporation), where he was one of the developers of the organization's cutting-edge mainframe computers. He led one of the teams that defined the instruction set and underlying architecture of the new computers and subsequently led one of the teams that developed the operating system for those computers.
Paul graduated with highest honors from University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA) with a BS in computer science and mathematics, and earned an MBA with highest distinction from Harvard Graduate School of Business.
- “Telco 2030: Wait-and-See Is No Longer an Option,” 論説, 2020年2月24日
- “Close to the Core: Telcos' Competitive Advantage in the Internet of Things,” 論説, 2017年2月24日
- “How Providers Can Succeed in the Internet of Things,” 論説, 2016年8月28日
- “Defining the Battlegrounds of the Internet of Things,” 論説, 2016年4月26日
- “Fighting heats up in battle of the bundle,” The Financial Times, 2006年2月22日, 記事