- EMEA Chemicals practice leader
- Benelux Energy & Natural Resources and Advanced Manufacturing & Services practice leader
Piet de Paepe is a partner in Bain & Company's Brussels office and the leader of the Chemicals practice in Europe. As a director, Piet is a senior member of the Private Equity practice and also the head of the Energy & Natural Resources and Advanced Manufacturing & Services practices in Benelux.
Since joining the firm in 2007, Piet has gained extensive experience in strategy and performance improvement. He has been developing major accounts in the Benelux and in Europe, mainly focusing on industrial goods & services and chemicals. His areas of expertise include strategy, performance improvement and post-merger integration.
Prior to joining Bain, Piet has worked in the oil, graphics (machine building) and floor coverings industries. He worked at FINA/TOTAL as assistant plant manager and later became a supply chain optimization manager in Paris. In 2000, he became General Manager of a number of companies for Punch International. He was also a divisional manager at Domo NV.
Piet holds an MBA from Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School and a Master of Science in Electromechanical Engineering from the University of Ghent.
- “In Chemicals, Invest to Outperform,” Snap Chart, 30. August 2018
- “In Chemicals, Great Strategy Beats Great Markets,” Brief, 29. November 2017
- “Reigniting Growth in Industrials,” Brief, 13. Juni 2017
- “Thriving in the midst of uncertainty,” The Business Times, 5. September 2015, Artikel
- “A Strategy for Thriving in Uncertainty,” Brief, 12. August 2015