Will Poindexter is a partner in the Chicago office of Bain & Company and a leader in the firm's Digital, Technology, Advanced Analytics, Retail and Financial Services practices. He leads Bain’s Enterprise Technology and Agile Innovation practices for the Americas.
He has nearly 20 years of management consulting experience, working with leading companies to address their most pressing strategic issues.
Will is passionate about working with clients on topics at the intersection of business and technology, which are increasingly driven by digitization and the omnichannel integration of the customer experience. He advises clients on the transformation of the traditional technology operating model, working with executive teams across business and technology. Based on this experience, Will has co-authored multiple articles on technology in an increasingly digital world.
Will holds deep expertise in digital and technology strategy, technology performance improvement, merger integration and technology operating model design. He has worked extensively with specialty and big box retailers and financial service firms across insurance, banking and capital markets. While retail and financial services may seem like an odd combination, the common theme is the role technology plays in integrating the customer experience across physical and digital channels.
Prior to joining Bain in 2009, Will was a senior manager with another management consulting firm focused on technology strategy and management issues.
Will received his MBA from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University. He holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University.
- “Bridging the Leadership Gap Between Tech and Business,” MIT Sloan Management Review, 10. Juli 2019, Artikel
- “Agile Is Not Enough,” MIT Sloan Management Review, 11. März 2019, Artikel
- “Unfolding the Beneﬁts of Digital in Paper and Packaging,” Brief, 22. März 2017
- “Fast and Faster: Why a Two-Speed IT Model Is Off Track,” Brief, 7. Juni 2016
- “How to Make Your IT Family Happy,” Bangkok Post, 11. Januar 2016, Artikel