David Burns is a partner based in Bain & Company's Chicago office. He is a leader in the firm's Energy & Natural Resources practice, with a focus in Chemicals, as well as the firm's Customer Strategy & Marketing practice, where he is a leader in B2B Pricing.
Since joining Bain in 2006, David has advised a diverse range of clients on their biggest opportunities and challenges. He has focused much of his work on growth strategy, sales acceleration and pricing.
His pricing experience crosses several manufacturing sectors, including chemicals, oil & gas, building products, medical devices and technology hardware, among others.
Prior to Bain, David spent three years working at a privately-owned MRO supply company in a general management role, specializing in process improvement.
He earned an MBA from University of Michigan's Ross School of Business and graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a double major in mechanical engineering and economics.
- “Accelerating Performance Despite Inflation ,” 論説, 2022年6月24日
- “How B2B Firms Can Price with Confidence as Inflation Rises,” HBR.org, 2021年7月7日, 記事
- “Three Changes in Chemical Sales That Aren’t Changing Back,” 論説, 2021年2月10日
- “To Market, to Market, but Which Route?,” スナップチャート, 2020年8月20日
- “Understanding B2B Pricing Implications Through Covid-19,” Webinar, 2020年5月29日