He has more than 15 years of management consulting experience with Bain.
Steve has worked with retail and consumer products clients across a broad range of topics in corporate and business unit strategy, leading major turnaround efforts to drive growth and performance improvement. Through this, he has worked across all major retail sectors and formats, including grocery, apparel, specialty and department store.
His areas of particular expertise include customer strategy, new format development, merger integration, organizational design, pricing, omnichannel strategy, assortment optimization, store operations and customer loyalty.
Before joining Bain, Steve earned an MBA from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania after beginning his career developing retail and commercial office properties for a major real estate developer in the western US. Prior to that, he earned an Honors BA from the University of Utah in Political Science.
- “Happier Shoppers, Higher Spending: The Value of Loyalty in Grocery,” Snap Chart, 10. November 2021
- “Curing the Discount Disease in Soft Goods Retail,” Brief, 15. Juni 2021
- “The Future of US Grocery: Maintaining the Momentum,” Brief, 9. November 2020
- “Corona-Pandemie treibt Digitalisierung in der Lebensmittelbranche voran,” Brief, 3. September 2020
- “One-Time Offer! Grocers Have a Unique Opportunity to Reset Promotions,” Brief, 1. Juli 2020