João Soares is a partner and director based in Bain's London office. He is a senior member of the firm's Financial Services practice and, within the financial services sphere, leads Bain's EMEA banking transformation sector and is a point person for private equity funds in EMEA investing.
João has more than 20 years of advisory experience, with a focus on banking and financial services in Europe, with additional working experience across Australia and the US. He has advised clients on corporate and business unit strategies, organization and change management issues.
João has particularly deep expertise in, and is a thought leader on, European banks. He has been extensively published on the topic and has also been regularly quoted in leading global and local business newspapers.
He is the global head of BGLAD and a member of Bain’s global governance Board, the CPC.
João joined Bain as a manager in Madrid in 2004 and also worked out of the firm's Sydney office between 2007 and 2008.
Prior to joining Bain, he was a principal and a project leader at two other global consultancies and an executive at Portugal’s CMVM (Securities and Exchange Commission).
João earned an MBA with honors from INSEAD and received a diploma with honors in business administration from the Technical University in Lisbon – ISEG.
- “Slow Slide? Europe’s Largest Banks Face Eroding Financial Positions,” 論説, 2018年9月18日
- “Do Investors Have A Skewed Perception of US Banks?,” Forbes.com, 2018年4月16日, 記事
- “Are Investors Mispricing US Bank Risks?,” 論説, 2018年3月21日
- “How the Sick European Banks Can Return to Health,” Forbes.com, 2017年10月11日, 記事
- “Battle of the Banks: The Fight for Proﬁtable Business Models in Europe,” 論説, 2017年9月4日